What you'll do?
Green tea fans will love this tour to the town of Uji in Kyoto — the home of matcha. A trip to Uji will give you many chances to experience and taste matcha and other types of green tea in a variety of beverages and foods.
- Leave the crowded area of downtown Kyoto and explore this historic and beautiful town
- Visit local tea shops and stroll the lovely streets of Uji
- Explore the outer grounds of the Byodoin temple, a World Heritage Site which is featured as the design on the 10 yen coin
- See how tea is prepared and get a sense of what goes into the production of the world’s best matcha
The green tea and matcha (powdered green tea) produced in Uji are famous for their quality not only in Japan, but also all over the world.
While visiting Uji you will also get to see the gorgeous and famous Byodoin temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
During the tour you will sit down for a fantastic lunch, and have a chance to experience making and drinking tea. If you find teas that you like, you will have time to choose, purchase and take home some delicious memories of your tour.
Lunch In Restaurant
Matcha Making, Wagashi Sweets and Matcha Ice Cream all featured
Walking tour (moderate level)
Know before you go
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please advise supplier of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required