Budapest, the capital of Hungary, actually consists of three united cities, Buda and Obuda on the west bank of the Danube and Pest on the east coast. Budapest has the most major Unesco attractions heritage sites attractions. as per many visitors as it is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. The city successfully combines its fascinating history with a bright and calm contemporary art style. There are a variety of sights and activities for visitors to enjoy, from museums to spas, so everyone should find something to interest them. When you are in Budapest, you won’t run short of fun things to do or amazing places to visit. So, if this is your first time traveling to Budapest, then take a look at this Budapest travel guide.
Best Experiences For You In Budapest
Before we move to some of the top places you can visit in Budapest, here are the best experiences that you need to participate here –
- Dinner Cruise with Live Music – one of the best things that you can experience when you are in Budapest is the dinner cruise with live music. Get on the cruise in the evening with your partner and see the Budapest skyline from the Danube River. Onboard, you’ll be enjoying traditional Hungarian folk music and eating your favorite dinner. Sip into some wine and spend a wonderful time with your loved ones. There are several other things you can do onboard. This Budapest cruise travel experience is perfect for couples who are visiting the Hungarian capital for the first time.
- Palinka Experience – if you are in Budapest, then you cannot miss tasting the Palinka. Palinka is a traditional fruit beverage or spirit in Eastern and Central Europe which originally came from Hungary. It is delicious and gives you a wonderful taste for a long time. The Museum is at the heart of the city and it is famous for making the best Palinka in town. During this tour, you will get the opportunity to taste a wide range of Palinka that are made here. It is a very delightful experience for anyone who has never tasted this spirit before.
- 2-hour Cruise Trip – cruise trips are very popular in Budapest. This trip is organized for those who are willing to spend some quality time at any time of the day with their family & friends. Spanning for two hours, in this cruise trip, you will be able to explore the different regions of Budapest and also satisfy your hunger cravings. Some of the food items included in the buffet include Goulash soup, Hungarian strudel, chicken paprikash, and so on. You will also be mesmerized to hear the Rajkó Folk Orchestra performing live in front of you on the cruise. Also, make sure to taste the wide range of in-house beer & Palinkas served here.
- Great Market Hall – The Great Market Hall in the city of Budapest is worth a visit. People from all over the city come here to shop for different items. Tourists flock here to enjoy the positive vibe and wonderful products that are on sale. If you love shopping, then this is the ideal destination for you. Budapest Great Market Hall tour will take you through the numerous shops that sell Hungarian crafts and souvenirs. it is amazing to see the beautiful 19th-century style of architecture throughout the building. Don’t forget to eat some delicious Hungarian food that can be found here.
- Budapest City Park – if you are looking for a place where you can experience the true essence of Budapest, then the Városliget (City Park) is the place where you should be. It is very close to the city center and the main entrance is the Heroes’ Square (Hősök tere). This site is one of the popular World Heritage sites and tourists flock here throughout the day. The Budapest City Park tour will allow you to explore the entire park. If you are in Budapest with your family, you can ideally visit this park for a wonderful picnic experience.
So, here are the top things you can experience when you are in Budapest. Make sure to read carefully about them and decide which ones interest you the most. Now, let’s find some more tourist attractions for you in Budapest.
Best Places You Can Visit in Budapest
Here are amazing places in Budapest that you have to visit in Budapest –
- Buda Castle & Castle Hill – the 18th-century Buda Castle is one of the top-rated tourist attractions in Budapest where you can learn more about the rich history and culture of this city. The castle is built in different styles of architecture that include Romanesque, Gothic, and Baroque. This place is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Don’t forget to check out the different art galleries and museums in this castle.
- Stephen’s Basilica – another very renowned place in Budapest, the St. Stephen’s Basilica is a must-visit. Check out the very beautiful and mesmerizing Venetian mosaic of the sanctuary. Make a permit and climb the cupola to experience a breathtaking 360-degree view of the city and the Danube River. The most precious relic found in this cathedral is the ancient mummified right hand of the church’s patron saint.
- Gellért Hill – Gellért Hill is another very popular tourist attraction where you can rejuvenate and relax your body to the fullest. Visit the famous Gellért Spa or Rudas Baths to enjoy some time. these natural springs are the specialty here. Spend the entire day with your family relaxing in the springs and rejuvenating yourself.
you can visit Budapest at any point of time throughout the year. We have discussed some of the best Budapest travel experiences in this blog. So, make sure to check them out.